A girlfriend of mine (who shall remain nameless so as not to completely spoil the surprise) is eloping the day after Thanksgiving. She told me she wanted to have something fantastic to remember 2009 by. Indeed, many of us would rather forget about 2009 alltogether. As she was telling me about her plans, I started to think about all the great things that happened this year, positive things that I should be grateful for and that make up for the economy…
It seems particularly appropriate to think about this during this holiday week. So here goes. I encourage you all to make your own list and celebrate 2009.
I am thankful for:
1. The birth of the first Polla grandchild, my niece Sasha.
2. The new Alchimie Forever showroom located in the heart of Georgetown.
3. My new apartment, also in Georgetown, with its hardwood floors and wood-burning fireplace.
4. The fact that I can walk to work!
5. My first experience with live TV.
6. My first Mardi Gras spent in New Orleans, “the city that care forgot.”
7. My first trip to the wine country.
8. The launch of our newest product, Superpulse Tightening Eye Contour Gel for Men.
9. The new Alchimie Forever clients who brought our line in to their spas and boutiques despite the current climate.
10. The existing Alchimie Forever clients who still trust and support us and make everything else possible.