When people ask me why Alchimie Forever offers products for men only, I often answer “because my mother [the force behind our new product development] loves men and wanted to make them feel special.” In honor of Father’s day, and all the men in our lives, I thought it might be timely to write about men’s grooming, and our Alchimie Forever men’s products.
Despite what one might think, men spend a lot of time in the bathroom. As my Mom says, “they just close the door before they start looking at themselves in the mirror.” I can confirm both that my husband spends a lot of time grooming and that he always closes the door. While I don’t exactly know what happens behind closed doors, I know how good he looks when he gets out. Here are my favorite tips and products for men.
- Soft feet. There is nothing less sexy to me than bad feet. Whether they are in bed next to me feeling rough against my skin or belong to a stranger in flip-flops I pass on the street. On that note, I think there is one less sexy thing – feet in Crocs. But that is a topic for another discussion…
- Manicured hands. Assuming the man’s feet are in closed shoes, my eyes immediately go to the hands. Do they look powerful? Do they look strong yet soft? How would it feel to hold his hand? Are the nails too long? Are the nails bitten? What tales do any calluses tell? Of course, my Alchimie Forever 532nm antioxidant relief for the hands and feet is the best product to ensure both soft feet and soft hands.
- No shaving bumps or post-shaving irritation. A red, angry neck and ingrown hairs do not make for a good first impression. The Grooming Lounge’s Beard Master shave oil can help. As can choosing a better razor, and never shaving against the grain. Finish with the Alchimie Forever Antioxidant skin repair gel and your skin will thank you.
- Hair. Whether you have a little or a lot, embrace what you have and run with it. I love a shaved head. Michael Jordan and Bruce Willis made that sexy and manly many years ago. If you are blessed with a head of hair a la Pierce Brosnan, make sure the back of your neck always looks clean. I love salt and pepper hair… which my husband has. So refined and elegant. Much better than a bad color job. And I love the way his Aveda Men Pur-Formance shampoo and hair conditioner smell.
- Also, hairs (notice the “s”). Whether you have a lot or a little was decided by Mother Nature. What you do with it is entirely up to you. Invest in trimmers. For ear hair. For nose hair. For chest hair. Invest in waxing services (don’t ask your wife to trim the hair on your back; value a bit of mystery in a relationship).
Happy Father’s day to all the most handsome Dads out there!