We are three days into 2015, and I finally have my New Year’s resolutions in order. This year, it has taken me a couple extra days to finalize these… First, I don’t like the word resolution – so I am thinking of these as happy life recommendations. Second, I have been torn between making one only (as I did last year, to be kinder), or having a list, which is my typical MO. In the end, this is what I came up with, and who inspired me.
- I will collect moments over things. Inspired by someone who posted this on Facebook… I can’t re-find whom. Thank you to whoever you are.
- I will remember that I have enough. Inspired by Trace Barnhill’s article on Into The Gloss about cutting back.
- I will, as I promised myself last year, be kinder still. Kindness is everything. Inspired by Well and Good NYC (via Blond Coffee).
- I will sleep more (meaning 7 hours per night will be my minimum). Inspired jointly by Ivanka Trump (a source of inspiration committed to personal wellness, despite her very long to-do list) and Arianna Huffington (a source of inspiration and sleep evangelist).
- I will remember that how far I have come is not as important as how far I can go. And I will keep moving forward. Inspired by Grant Cardone.
- I will remember that looking good means feeling good means doing good. Inspired by my Mother.
- I will remember to approach all situations from a place of love and to “be careful of envy, lust, hatred and negative feelings that devour our interior peace and transform us into destroyed and destructive people.” Inspired by Pope Francis.
I will remember to be still, to be tranquil. Inspired by my Nana and put into words by Morgan Freeman.
May 2015 bring us all what we wish for.