I have written about my father, Dr. Luigi L. Polla, for Father’s Day over the last few years, mostly about what he has taught me and his skin care wisdom. This year, I want to honor my father for a Happy Father’s Day by saying thank you.
- Thank you for raising me like a boy (your words, not mine).
- Thank you for telling me I could achieve anything I decided to.
- Thank you for teaching me how to ski and showing me the beauty of the sunrise over the Cervin at 7 am.
- Thank you for trusting me to work the front desk at your dermatology office when I was 10 years old – and letting me work there throughout high school.
- Thank you for taking me on the Concorde.
- Thank you for teaching me the appreciation and understanding of contemporary art.
- Thank you for bringing me to Sharm El Sheik for my high school graduation trip.
- Thank you for letting me cross the ocean to go to college.
- Thank you for never making me feel obligated to work in the family business.
- Thank you for always supporting my work in the family business.
- Thank you for always believing in me and my goals, sometimes despite what common sense would suggest.
- Thank you for teaching me by example the meaning of focus, determination, and hard work.
- Thank you for showing me that it is worth taking the longer road, if that road is the more beautiful way.
- Thank you for pushing me to be my best self, always.
- Thank you for always being my number 1 fan and supporter.
Thank you, Dad. I love you, Dad. I don’t say these words often enough…