2017 Beauty Resolutions
New year, new me, new you. The first week of January is always filled with intentions, goals, resolutions. I have a long list… to which I am adding some specific beauty and skin care goals. In the Alchimie Forever philosophy of “self care through skin care,” these resolutions are really about taking better care of myself. Which in turn will enable me to take better care of others.
What are your 2017 beauty goals?
- Drink more water. It is essential to well-being, to beautiful skin, and to a healthy weight. This is an annual goal, one that I never quite achieve. Maybe because it is not specific enough – so this year, I intend to drink at least one glass of water for every glass of champagne and wine I have.
- Continue to have perfectly groomed eyebrows. Meaning monthly appointments with Erwin Gomez at Karma (who I must admit now also makes sure my upper lip is perfectly groomed…).
- Have my moles checked annually. This should be mandatory – skin cancer is to be taken seriously, at all ages.
- On that note, wear a facial SPF every single day. I do most days… but most is not good enough. After all, it is to help myself with this goal that I created the Daily Defense SPF23 3-in-1 anti-aging moisturizer with SPF. I don’t have any excuse not to achieve this goal.
- Throw away my mascara (I love the one by Trish McEvoy) every 6 months even if I think I can get two more months of use out of it. (This should really apply to most makeup products).
- Get my hair cut more than once per year. This mostly to avoid the stern look on Frank Rizzieri’s face when he finally cuts my hair. He recommends a quarterly trim…
- Take better care of my nails. Which, to me, means using cuticle oil daily (fingers and toes). It takes less than 30 seconds and makes my hands and feet like I have a natural mani / pedi. So why is this so hard to do? (My favorites are CND Solar Oil and the Spa Ritual Cuti-Cocktail).
- Get a facial once per quarter. Ideally this would be once per month, but I know I won’t be able to keep that up – baby steps. A facial for deep cleansing, exfoliation, anti-aging treatment, and to make sure my skin is always glowing.
- Get a massage once per quarter. Because that helps my body, my head, and my water retention.
- Continue with my goal of exercising three times per week. Running, SoulCycle, and maybe adding back Barre3 classes in my routine will help me stay strong and fit.
Most importantly, I want to look at myself every morning in the mirror, smile at myself, and tell myself I look great. Every single day.