Most of us use a moisturizer – but do we use the right one, in the right way? I speak to women every day about their moisturizer choices and habits, here are some of my favorite tips.
- Yes, well all should use a moisturizer daily. Choose it based on your skin type – refer to my father’s advice above, I could not put it in better words (to his delight!).
- Take seasonality into account when choosing the right moisturizer. This means that you may have to different ones, a light one for the humid summer and a more hydrating one for the dry winter. Also remember climate, in particular if you have recently moved or travel a lot. As I write this, sitting at my hotel desk in Las Vegas, I feel the dryness in my skin all the more than I did two days ago in Washington DC…
- The moisturizer that was right for you in your 20s is probably no longer right for you in your 40s. The number of women I speak to who have not changed their cream in 20+ years is staggering. Our skin is a living, breathing organism that evolves and changes with time. As you adapt your wardrobe from your 20s to your 40s, so should you adapt your skin care products.
- The perfect morning cream offers hydration, anti-aging benefits, and broad spectrum SPF protection. Look for an SPF of 20 or above for daily use, to protect your skin from 90+% of UV, such as our Protective Day Cream SPF 23.
- Do not use a moisturizer with SPF in the evening.
- Apply your moisturizer from the clavicle or collarbone to forehead, always moving against gravity. Always remember your face does not end at your chin, but rather mid-chest.
- Don’t forget to exfoliate once to three times per week to help slough off dead skin cells – and help your moisturizer really absorb.
- If you are looking for the perfect Alchimie Forever facial moisturizer to incorporate in your routine, here are your three choices:
- For every skin type, every morning: Protective day cream SPF 23
- For sensitive, sensitized, irritated skin types: Kantic Calming cream, morning (under the Protective day cream) and evening.
- For dry, dehydrated, more mature skin types: Kantic+ Intensely nourishing cream with red clover extract to stimulate collagen product, morning (under the Protective day cream) and evening
One thought on “Moisturizing Tips”
hi!,I like your writing very a lot! percentage
we be in contact more about your article on AOL? I need an expert on this area to unravel my problem.
Maybe that’s you! Having a look forward to look you.