Every summer, I have the privilege of going to Greece for two weeks, and spending some R&R time on the island of Tinos, thanks to my maternal grandparents who fell in love with this island and bought a house here decades ago.
Time in Tinos is filled with sleep, sun, sand, swims, and reading. Just like I shared my reading list last year, I wanted to do so this year again. Here is what I will be reading in the next 12 days.
- All by myself, alone by Marry Higgins Clark. I love this author, she is my guilty pleasure, I have read all of her books. I will start this on the plane to Athens, which will be the official start of my vacation.
- The little book of hygge by Meik Wiking. I keep hearing about Hygge and don’t know how to pronounce this word, or what it is. I am about to find out.
- Femmes hors normes by my Mom Barbara Polla. One of Mom’s books always makes it on this reading list…
- River, cross my heart by Breena Clarke. This is our next book club book (and was recommended by Oprah.)
- Buyology by Martin Lindstrom. I am trying to figure out how to encourage people to buy more Alchimie!
- The power of habit by Charles Duhigg. I read Smarter, faster, better by him earlier this year and have heard him speak – and I look forward to this second book.
- A piece of the world by Christina Baker Kline. I needed one more fiction book to balance all of this non-fiction – and a friend recommended this one.
- The 4-hour work week by Timothy Ferris. This is the second time this book comes with me to Greece. I started it years ago but never finished it. It think it’s time.
- And of course, the latest issues of my favorite industry magazine, WWD Beauty Inc.
On that note, I’m off to the beach with my book!