I have been on the road for 10 days straight (3 different cities and states). I am not yet done with my Christmas cards. I am not yet done with my holiday shopping. I am behind on my game plan. I have not exercised in five days. I am tired, I feel frazzled, I am trying very hard not to be grumpy. (And yes, I do realize these are First World problems).
On the bright side of things, Mercury in Retrograde ended yesterday. Also on the bright side, my sister Rachel posted an inspiring blog on our Polla Sisters Blog a couple of weeks ago entitled “Keep calm and drink champagne”, (the name itself is enough to want to read it!). She described the feelings that come with this merriest time of the year, which is also the craziest, busiest, and most frenetic. She shared her strategies on making it through this last month of 2018 – with calm and joy. This morning, upon waking, I read it once again as a reminder to myself. And I spent some time in silence with my coffee and pen and paper, reflecting and making my own list of strategies and resolutions.
- I will be present, mindful, and grateful.
- I will sleep no less than 7.5 hours per night.
- I will “Winter clean” my home. I will declutter and organize and create space.
- I will make my revenue goal for Alchimie Forever.
- I will get a pedicure.
- I will finish sending out my holiday cards with pleasure.
- I will read 4 books.
- I will unsubscribe from email newsletters I no longer read (instead of just deleting them) and unclutter my inbox.
- I will figure out at least one thing that I am currently doing that I should stop doing in 2019.
- I will enjoy finishing my Christmas shopping and find the perfect gift for everyone on my list (here are some ideas if you are stuck)
- I will exercise ten times before the end of the year.
- I will make a list of my favorite 2018 moments and accomplishments, and of the many lessons I learned this year.
- I will be kind. I will act kinder than I feel, if necessary, towards all – including myself.
- I will begin to daydream about the new possibilities, the new projects, the continued partnerships, that 2019 will bring.
24 days and counting…