July 1. New month. New quarter. 2nd half of 2020. 183rd day of the year, 183 days to go. Today, I choose to celebrate. celebrate. I have once and for all put to rest all of my grand 2020 plans (made pre-COVID-19), I have once and for all accepted that this current reality is indeed the new normal and will be for quite some time. Today, I choose to celebrate.
I celebrate the first half of the year.
- My family and I are alive and healthy.
- My Mom got COVID-19 and beat it.
- I have spent 107 days and nights in a row with my husband and we are more in love than ever.
- I am still in business.
- I work in an industry that will never go away and that makes people not only look better, but also feel better.
- I did not lay off or furlough anyone on my Alchimie team.
- I became a cat mom.
Today, I also choose to focus on all that I have to look forward to in the second half of 2020.
- My sister Rachel’s wedding (praying to the travel gods).
- Botox at Forever Institut (praying to the travel gods).
- A couple of weeks in Tinos, Greece (praying to the travel gods).
- Hamilton on Disney Plus.
- The elections.
- Quiet dinners at home with my husband and cat babies.
- Quiet dinners out in those places that are excelling at safety measures and social distancing (including Bourbon Steak and Peacock Café)
- Getting back out in the field.
- And, I am sure, many (hopefully good) surprises…
Here’s to the second half of 2020!