I love numbers. And putting these numbers down on paper was an interesting exercise…
Number of days sheltering in place (technically in two places): 83
Number of days without airplane travel: 88
Number of scheduled trips cancelled: 14
Number of road trips back and forth between Louisiana and DC: 3
Number of days since last Alchimie client visit: 87
Number of Zoom meetings: too many to count
Number of virtual book clubs: 2
Number of books read: 5
Number of email newsletters unsubscribed from: 19
Number of kittens adopted: 2
Number of pounds gained: 0
Number of Botox appointments: 0
Number of consecutive days and nights with my husband: 88
*Inspired by my very smart friend Marc Ross!
There are 50 days left in 2019. You read that correctly. 50.
I can’t believe it, I have not yet accomplished all I set out to do this year, I am not ready for 2020 to be here, and I am slightly freaking out about this. Then again, I have 50 days. So here is what I am doing between now and then:
- Holiday gifting planning. Yes, I am starting now, and this is possible the funnest project ever.
- Compiling a list of everything I have accomplished so far in 2019. It feels good to see that while I am not close to checking off everything on my goal list, some goals have indeed been achieved.
- Starting my “2019 year in review” project, something I tend to do early January (looking backwards). This year, I decided to do this earlier so that I can still course-correct if there is something that needs to happen before 2020 that has not yet been put in motion.
- Daydreaming (not planning) about 2020. Letting my brain imagine things that can be next year, so that when the actual planning begins (later in December), I will have some creative, out of the box ideas.
- Reviewing my financials. Personal and professional. So that I don’t have any surprises come December 31st, and can make adjustments where need be, if need be.
How are you preparing for a successful end of 2019?