Words to live by
In this process of thinking about how I live my life, I thought about my “rules to live by” or “words to live by” since rules is not the nicest of words. Many come from my Mom. Some from my Dad, my Nana, and my godmother.
• When you look good, you feel better. When you feel better, you do better.
• Always over-dress.
• Don’t save your nice silver and expensive jewelry for special occasions; today
is a special occasion.
• Be perfect in your manners, always.
• Send hand-written birthday cards and love notes.
• Always be kinder than you feel.
• Smile a lot, just because, especially when you don’t feel like it.
• Never put off to tomorrow what you can do today.
• When all else fails, have a glass of champagne.
• You don’t have time. You make time.
• Guilt was invented to make women feel bad. Don’t give in to guilt.
And some words of wisdom from famous people whose quotes inspire me every
• “Beauty will save the world.” Fyodor Dostoyevsky
• “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” Coco Chanel
• “To be noticed without striving to be noticed, this is what elegance is about.”
• “It is totally impossible to be well-dressed in cheap shoes.” Hardy Amies
• “Think big, start slow, move fast.” Bahram Akradi
• “Failure is not the opposite of success, it is a stepping stone.” Arianna
• “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.” Paulo Coelho
• “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different
outcome.” Albert Einstein
• “I only drink champagne on two occasions. When I am in love and when I am
• “Peace begins with a smile.” Mother Teresa
• “Dressing well is a form of good manners.” Tom Ford