For the first time in my life, I have thick, full hair and I need hair clips of a larger diameter to put it all up.
Yesterday, I spent two hours at Paris Parker Salon in Hammond, LA, where the fabulous Scott Messina performed a VoMor Hair Extension System service for me. This appointment did not come without much angst… as those of you who know me know, I am the most low maintenance person when it comes to my hair. Indeed, until just a few years ago, I did not even own a hair dryer (and even today it lives at the bottom of my tool drawer, next to my drill). Yet as I am becoming more involved in the hair side of the beauty industry (thanks to my husband and his company, Neill-TSP), I thought I had to learn first-hand about this very trendy service. I did this all exclusively under the guise of research…
In addition to getting thicker, fuller hair, here is what I learned during these two hours spent in Scott’s chair:
1. VoMor is about “volume and more” and not merely about “mermaid hair” (which is what I have always thought about when thinking about hair extensions). I didn’t want extra length, I just wanted more body and more volume. Scott used 16 inch hair, but then cut the extensions to match my length, plus one inch. Just for fun, however, I had to snap a picture of me in full 16 inch hair…
2. Available in 29 colors, VoMor extensions are made to match Aveda hair color. Apparently, some women want to have my exact hair color, because even though I don’t color my hair, we found the perfect color match.
3. VoMor extensions are super comfortable. Somehow I thought I would feel like I was wearing a wig. But truly, I don’t feel anything. This type of extension is known as “tape extensions,” which is best for your hair as it won’t damage it, pull it out, or snag it.
4. While I do find it strange that I am in effect wearing another woman’s hair (yes, this is human hair, and yes, I try not to think about this too much), I don’t have to worry about how this hair was collected. Apparently, human hair is quite a prized resource and collecting it for use in our industry is not always done in the most ethical or humane manner. Not so with VoMor. Not only is this the best quality hair on the market, it is also sourced humanely and ethically.
5. Fuller, thicker hair = more than “just” fuller, thicker hair. Fuller, thicker hair = more smiles, more sassy head movements, more of a spring in my step. While I have seen hair extension services performed on a few women in the past month, and have seen first hand the shift in attitude that comes with it, I now have personal experience in the matter. And it feels great.
Yes, this will require me to actually spend some time on my hair (no more air drying, I need to go dig out my hair dryer from my tool drawer), and yes this means I will wear my hair straighter than usual (extensions don’t come in “wavy”). Will this more high maintenance hair regimen mean I won’t want to keep these extensions in for the two months they are meant to stay in? Who knows… time will tell…
2 thoughts on “I did it… VoMor Hair Extension System…”
Glad you love them Ada. It is always a pleasure talking to you!
Looks like a nice solution and more like a fun activity. with proper matching colours and length they can give a glamour look too.